1. The Fund welcomes grant applications for educational enrichment programs and projects from members of the Garrison Union Free School District community including teachers, staff members, parents and community residents.
2. The Fund’s mission statement will guide the board’s decision-making while considering a grant application.
3. Grant proposals must support and enhance the excellence of the Garrison Union Free School District, pertain directly to student learning, and be relevant to the environment in which students learn. The board of the GCEF reviews all applications with the benefit of as many of the Garrison Union Free School students as possible in mind.
4. The Fund will consider matching funds for programs and projects financed by other sources.
5. The Fund will also consider matching funds, when a request is for more money than it can provide.
6. Garrison Union Free School District teachers and staff members must obtain approval through procedures established by the Principal (Mrs. Allison Emig, email@example.com) before applying for a GCEF grant.
7. Grant funds will be used only for purposes strictly stated in the application or in interim reports. The professional status and/or affiliation of individuals must also be detailed in these documents.
8. The Fund encourages using volunteers and donated materials as much as possible and following Garrison School procedures on school grounds.
9. All invoices/receipts for a grant must be submitted to Mr. Carl Albano, Superintendent, GUFS within sixty days of completion of the project or January 31st for fall grants and July 31st for spring grants. In the event that a project commences in the fall and ends the spring, two invoices should be submitted; one for the fall portion of the project and one for spring portion of the project. Any exceptions to these deadlines must be submitted to the Fund in a written request.
10. Recipients of GCEF funding are required to complete an evaluation form upon completion of a funded project, particularly if the grant is expected to continue for the following school year. If a program extends beyond a six-month-period, the recipient will be asked to submit an interim progress report at the end of the first six months. A final report will be requested at the completion of the project.
11. Applicants who are awarded grants will be notified by letter. Copies of the award letter will also be sent to the Garrison Superintendent of Schools and the School Principal.
12. Regarding funding proposals or matching gift requests for projects that specifically involve additions and/or improvements to tangible school property: the Fund requires that all such proposals be approved by the Facilities Committee of the Board of Education and then the Board of Education prior to submission. It is the responsibility of the applicant to communicate first with the Board of Education Facilities Committee prior to submitting an application to the GCEF. The GCEF’s required 60-day review period will be in addition to the timing that that the applicant may need for Board of Education approval.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Donaldson, Grants Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org